I found this video (link at bottom of this post) in an article on Life Site News April 17, 2020.
Michael J. Matt’s (Remnant TV) candid talk. Just over 40 mins.
I found it helpful in sifting through some of what we see and hear.
Michael is a Catholic American, and sheds some light on global activity that seems a bit peculiar, beyond just a virus.
First I share some summary points from Michael’s video, then I share my own thoughts (‘My thoughts sifting through things’).
So first, some summary video points.
Summary points from Michael J. Matt’s video:
- Only about 150 people in the US have died from Corona Virus with no pre-existing conditions.
- Why are death numbers being inflated? Why are the numbers being skewed?
- FEAR. Instill fear into the people…you control the people.
- Why is the good news about the virus not emphasized…
- …the chances of recovery are about 98%. And 50% of the population may have had it, never knew it, and recovered? (5:21)
- When the bad numbers are shared, why aren’t there comparisons to other sicknesses or viruses?
- 80,000 people in the US died from the flu last year (highest in 40 years) Why no shut-down then??
- It’s a steady 24/7 fear mongering??
- Lock-downs are killing people in other ways!!
- And there’s talk on continuing the shut down for 18 months??? Insanity!!!
- Are the ‘good guys’ i.e. world leaders, concerned for us??? I think not.
- Bill Gates – intentional: ‘lowering the world’s population’; working with WHO.
- The US, is waking up… pulled funding for WHO.
- WHO ‘in bed with’ the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)… hmmm.
- This is about POWER and CONTROL.
- And Trump is seen as a threat…standing for Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Pro-God!
- They want this virus to take out Trump and freedom, to push their own agenda!!
- An 18-month lock-down. Conveniently just before election in November. Kill the economy and have people ‘lining up’ for so-called ‘vaccination’ and seeking any ‘savior’ in this.
- A ‘new world economy’, a new world order, and a powerful spiritual thrust…
- …complete with Pope Francis! …supposedly as ‘God’s own agent’ as the ‘spiritual partner’ helping get the world to sustainable goals of ‘population control’ and ‘environmental reforms’.
- We are not just fighting a virus here.
- We’re fighting an agenda of a new world order. (age old antithesis?)
- We must…. OPEN OUR EYES!!! Wake up America! (Wake up Canada!!)
- Be alert!! Be active!! Be in prayer!! (For our leaders too!!)
- And don’t fall for the fear tactics!! Let’s get over the fear, let’s get busy.
- Call your governing leaders that this can’t last, and we need to open up!! We need to expose the truth! We are onto the schemes and this is not acceptable!!
- We are not afraid of a virus that we have less than 1% chance of getting with a 98% chance of getting over.
- Open the churches now… they are big buildings that can handle social distancing practices! People need community!
- Plus, we’d be better in line with safe-distances practices than a local drive thru McDonalds (or Tim Hortons)!
- Remember atheism (i.e. no God in the picture), is where HOPE goes to die.
- If we have our faith, and the churches stay open, we are strong.
Now onto my thoughts…
My thoughts sifting through things…
There seems to be truth in what Michael shares. It isn’t conspiracy theory. Michael shares facts and sheds light on things.
If he’s right, even partially, we come out more informed. Ready to act.
I talked to my MPP in Ontario and he said that guys like Michael are a bit intense, but on the other hand we do witness leftist activity from our own very socialist prime minister.
Do we not see a Liberal track record of striking alignments with a new world order, a one world government?
As far as the church goes… we’ve learned some new things. We’ve gone on-line in many creative ways like never before; the gospel has been going out! We’ve connected with people in creative ways. We’ve gotten first-hand experience of ‘house church’ — a shared experience with many people across the globe!
— As a side note, for the first time in generations, we share in a global communal pain and frustration. We all empathize with each other. This may have a long term benefit of a shared commonality. —
We do long to worship together again, to meet and encourage one another, and to personally hear and engage with truth and hope proclaimed in Jesus Christ.
But we are asleep at the wheel. I don’t think we realize that, from a larger global perspective, the church itself, and all of the freedoms associated with it, are under attack. And the forces of darkness will stop at nothing to sneak in the backdoor and call us out on health and safety policies to limit our freedoms and imprison us in the our homes.
By the way, as I was creating this post, this video was sent to me enforcing the seriousness of what we’re in. Take a look:
I also agree with Michael, that we should discuss the ‘essential’ element of worship with our leaders and work with them on what it looks like to open our doors.
Originally closure was thought to be the best move to avoid mass contagion. But as the reality of much smaller numbers becomes evident, and people tire of the same old news and a lessening threat, government will need to act in re-opening many facilities, including churches.
People are tiring. Getting squirrelly. Me too. Wondering where all the devastation is from the disease? What cost are we willing to pay, as we keep things in lock-down, to avoid the slim chance we will die from this virus?
Global shutdown and isolation have had some positive spin-offs in that we’ve come to a greater realization that we are not in control. Things we thought looked stable changed in an instant. We are dependent beings, dependent on each other, and oh how dependent on God. For grace, mercy and daily provision.
The world’s disruptive leaders should be reminded of this too. I think there are some who think they are in control and can manipulate an entire world population. They’ve forgotten who is in control.
Jesus. He is in control. Lord over of all. And His Spirit power is present, and in His people!! He reigns with sovereign power, supreme wisdom, love and hope. He is at work…also sifting…and gathering His people. This perfect love casts out fear. There is no fear in love. No matter the disruption, He rules.
You see, we’ve been given opportunity to think and speak about life and death, talk a whole lot more about God, and time to invest in the people around us, pondering eternal things… things beyond this world.
Thomas Brooks, a Puritan during the Bubonic Plague of the 1600’s, notes a few things still relevant for us today:
- Plagues do not change God’s affections toward His people. “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger, sword?… No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” Romans 8
- Sickness can only reach the outward man. It cannot reach our souls. At very worst it would kill our bodies, but when in relationship with Jesus Christ our souls are safe! “Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear Him who can destroy both body and soul in hell.” Matthew 10
- No godly person dies from any calamity until God’s work in them and through them is finished. God knows all of our days. “…In your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Psalm 139
- If a Christian, one who confesses Jesus Christ as Lord, dies by disease or otherwise, it is not loss but gain! “For to me to live is Christ, to die is gain.” Philippians 1
We have had intentional time given us for refection, family, prayer and seeking God. Also remembering in prayer those who seek our demise.
Are we using our time to respond and commit ourselves to Jesus as Lord??
Through sifting, wheat and chaff are separated. As we sift through the crisis, Jesus is sifting the peoples of the earth, including those in the church, identifying those who trust in Him. Where the enemy seeks to wreak havoc, Jesus turns for the good of those who love Him.
Maybe the enemy thought to bury us in fear, food and screens. Right in our own homes. That this would keep us too preoccupied for prayer.
Not so! That’s not been the case. I’ve heard of, witnessed, and been involved in so much more praying over the past few weeks.
“The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will.”Proverbs 21:1
Amazing. Keep it up! If we don’t pray, including for our leaders and enemies, who will?
Prayer is needed. For those directly suffering from COVID-19 and all families affected. And for wisdom, boldness, and discernment…and guidance in all this. In ourselves, and in those around us.
Our leaders, at varying levels, are wrestling with when and how to open things up and what to open first. They are wondering how long to maintain lock-down. Watching the reality of things. Wondering what are the best next steps to take. We must join them and pray for them to make right decisions and take wise action.
They need our support, our thanks, maybe a phone call; maybe an offer to help. They are up to their necks sifting through this as well. We must join them.
Who knows if there isn’t this larger global agenda hanging over their heads (and ours), pushing for a distorted new world order?
Let’s not sit idly by. There does seem to be something larger a-foot…this global storm, this global crisis that’s so hard to sift through.
“For God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control.”2 Timothy 1:7
Pray and work. Pray and respond. Pray and support. Pray and help.
Pray and spread truth.
Remembering the eternal truths. God will not abandon His church. And His plan is unfolding. Not the plan of WHO, not Gates, not the CCP, not the government. God’s plan unfolds even if in seemingly unlikely ways with seemingly unlikely people posing at the helm. All fall under His divine authority.
In this we can trust. In this we can act.
Trusting the One who really is at the helm, Jesus Christ, our hope now and eternally.
What action will you take today, confident in this hope?
With Jesus at the helm, I shall journey safely over,
Though the storm is raging and the billows foam;
With Jesus at the helm, I shall journey safely over,
And find a refuge from the storm when Heav’n is my home.Josephine Pollard, refrain of Jesus at the Helm
Here below is Michael J. Matt’s Video: Globalism’s Perfect Storm
For still more information, you can also look up this link, Bards of War, EP 8, A Letter from General Flynn